With the price of gas, airline tickets, and other travel related items on the rise, more and more companies are looking for cost effective alternatives to sending their people around the country to attend meetings.
For many smart companies, the answer is a web conference, and there are many advantages to having employees meet one another from the comfort of their own offices.
Some of the many benefits of web based conference technology include:
- Lower costs and fewer travel related delays
- Greater productivity since employees do not have to leave their offices to attend meetings
- Greater employee satisfaction
- Ease of use
- The ability to train large numbers of employees efficiently
- No need for expensive conference rooms or meeting space
There are a number of companies who specialize in helping employees and employers meet up no matter where they are physically located.
Each company has its own unique take on the business of web conferencing, and it is important for companies to compare providers carefully.
Communiqué Conferencing offers Webinar web conferencing services, and this service has a number of important benefits for large and small companies. Among the features and benefits of Webinar are:
- Easy integration of audio and video conferencing
- The ability for the audience to see the computer screen of the presenter. This feature is particularly useful for those hosting product demonstrations.
- The ability to show animation
- Webinar provides recording capabilities, making later playback easy for those who cannot attend the live meeting
- Easy pre-registration and reporting features make it easy to keep track of meeting attendees
- Easy management of question and answer sessions within the meeting
- The ability to present polls and surveys to meeting attendees
Webex is one of the biggest and best known names in the world of web based conference services. The meeting management products offered by Webex afford companies many benefits and cutting edge features, including the ability to:
- Create multimedia presentations through the use of integrated data, audio and video services.
- Webex provides a range of options to its clients, including toll-free teleconferencing and support for VoIP.
- Share any desktop application or web browser. This makes it easy to incorporate animation and
- other special features into the demo or web conference.
- Start meetings from any application with a single click from the desktop.
- Make easy annotations to documents.
- Record, edit and play back live audio and video presentations.
Go to Meeting
Gotomeeting is another household name in the world of web conferencing, and this unique product offers a number of great features and benefits for users at all levels. Some of the features included in this web conferencing product include:
- Ease of use – Gotomeeting software is easy to use with its intuitive user interface. Little if any training is needed to get started.
- Good value – this web conferencing software is a good value for the money.
- Customers can host or attend as many meetings as they wish without incurring any additional charges.
- Strong security – Gotomeeting provides the strongest standard security features to ensure the confidentiality of data presented during the web conference.
- Integrated audio and video conferencing.
Last but certainly not least is a product called Instant Presenter. This web conferencing solution has a great deal to offer, including:
- A completely web based web conferencing solution, with no special software to download or install.
- Easy accessibility from any computer with a connection to the internet.
- The ability to easily see which invitees have signed in to the meeting.
- Automatic detection of webcams attached to the PC.
- Seamless integration of existing VoIP services.
- Instant conversion of PowerPoint presentations with a single mouse click.
- Seamless sharing of screens.
- Easy whiteboard annotations.
- The ability to collect feedback and comments in real time.
- Integrated question and answer capabilities.
- Recording and archiving capabilities.
If you own a webcam, you can start video conferencing right now. There is often little to no further setup required besides installing your chosen conferencing software, which are sometimes web based and actually require no software installation, or configuration.
Some people like to video chat or conference for personal reasons, like with family and friends, for business purposes, or both. Look through the list and descriptions above, visit the sites of the individual recommendations, and make sure you pick something that is right for your needs.